0333 577 8750 Head Office: The Barn, Coventry Road, Tamworth, B78 2DZ.

Gas Safety Certificates for Birmingham

Although gas safety certificates are not a legal requirement for tenants and house-owners, many prefer to ensure their gas appliances are safe to use. However, landlords are legally responsible for the safety of their tenants with regard to the law.

According to the Health and Safety Executive:

Landlords’ responsibility for gas safety

As a landlord, you are legally responsible for the safety of your tenants in relation to gas safety. By law you must:

Repair and maintain gas pipework, flues and appliances in safe condition

Ensure an annual gas safety check on each appliance and flue

Keep a record of each safety check

You should also keep your tenants informed about their responsibilities while they are staying in your property.

According to Gov site:

This is a typical of a gas safety record.

We supply gas engineers in Birmingham that are gas safety qualified and certified. Only qualified/certified engineers are allowed legally to service gas appliances.

Gas Safe Register is the official list of businesses that are legally permitted to carry out gas work. Every registered business employs an engineer(s), who is issued with a Gas Safe ID card. Not all engineers are qualified to do all types of gas work – so remember to check their ID card before any work is carried out.

If you need gas work done in your home or workplace, you can use the different search options below to find a registered business or check an engineer is registered and qualified for the work you need doing.”

Here you can find more about our plumbing/drainage, gas and boiler services: